Thursday, September 12, 2013

Project Life: Week 35


Hello again! As I mentioned in my previous post, I was able to knock out two weeks of Project Life in the last couple of days. I'm so happy to be so close to caught-up! And I'm super excited to share another layout with you! Here is my most recent spread....

WEEK 35
Life Documented
August 25 - August 31

Week 35: Full Spread

We absolutely love Summer! And I'm having a blast documenting each and every day of it! This week was pretty chill, but fun nonetheless. I captured some wonderful photos, and a simple and laid back day at the neighborhood park was the highlight of our week! I mixed it up a bit with different types of journal and filler cards, and played around with some extra embellishments.

Week 35: Right Page

Here I'm using a Hobby Lobby pocket page continued from Week 34. I stuffed it with all sorts of cards! I really enjoy playing with different designers, collections, and supplies. Especially when creating handmade cards! I also love pairing cool printables with designer journal cards! The title card is Kraft paper from Amy T's Ready Set Go line. I added a Cameo cut, printable arrow tag, some paper deco tape, and a Daiso brad. 

Week 35: Left Page - Close Up

The 4"x 6" journal card is also from Amy Tangerine's Ready Set Go line. I used it document a special moment, and added a washi tape flag pointing to the accompanying photo card. That small card was made from my scraps. It holds a wallet-size instagram pic and a potty girl cut on my Cameo. I added a little heart to her chest. That's me! Love my man <3

I needed to fill some space so I raided my stash for a calendar card. This one with the little squirrel is so stinkin' cute! I used an Ali Edwards calendar stamp to mark off the week.

Week 35: Left Page | Close Up

This 4"x 6" card is the reverse side of the Ki Memories paper from last week. I added a 4"x 4" instagram photo, a cutout journal tag from Crate Paper, and a print-and-cut label. I used a Dear Lizzy roller stamp to finish it off.

The 4"x 3" cards are from We R Memory Keepers and Recollections. I added a wallet-size instapic, print-and-cut label, and a Dymo label to the WRMK card. I wrote my daughter's name directly onto the photo using an American Crafts Slick Writer pen.

Week 35: Left Page | A Top Ten Card

I used a fun journal card to fill this spot in the layout. I liked the idea of a Top Ten list to document my "Everyday Delights" from the Summer. I added a star badge [cut with my Cameo] for a little extra embellishment.

Week 35: Right Page

I decided to use the same Hobby Lobby pocket page for this side. I like the way they look together, plus I had a ton of photos to use! This whole page documents our day at the neighborhood playground :) Only one journal card was needed, so I filled the remaining pockets with different types of photographs and cards.

Week 35: Right Page | Close Up

I used a pretty herringbone design by Crate Paper to create a 4"x 6" card. I added some washi tape banners, a print-and-cut camera, and a Dymo label. The smaller pockets have a printable freebie and MAMBI card with another wallet-size instapic. I had some fun with one of my fave PL apps on my Galaxy S3!

I took a wonderful photo of my daughter swinging using the InstaPlace app on Android. [I have the Pro version.] With the help of my phone's GPS, the application is able to apply awesome skins to my photos. So many designs. Perfect for documenting details!

Week 35: Right Page | Close Up

I used this woodgrain paper from Crate Paper, as the base of my "Tire Swing" card. I stacked two wallet-size square photos, captured from different perspectives. Some B&W twine, butterfly cuts, and Doodlebug alphabet stickers complete the card.

Week 35: Right Page | Close Up

I saved one of the large pockets for the photo-of-the-day: a full-size 4"x 6" picture of Kiani and Daddy on the monkey bars. It's my favorite! The last pocket has a printable journal card talking about our day at the local playground. I added a snapshot of the sign and entrance.

The last of the small cards are sweet and simple. A black and white MAMBI card with yellow striped Target brand washi holds the instagram photo of My Loves.  I used a free printable with a funky triangle design as the background for another awesome instagram photo. Yes, it's a smartphone app! This time I used InstaWeather on Android [I have the Pro version] to document the gorgeous day. Again, with your phone's GPS the app is able to add location-based skins and weather information to your photos. I love using it for my Project Life!

Whew... I can't believe I knocked out two layouts in two days! Now I'm only 1 week behind! I think I'll be doing this again for the next two weeks of Project Life... then I'll be all caught up!! Awesome. 

I hope you enjoyed my post! I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative again, so be sure to stop by for inspiration. If you would like to see how my album is coming along, you can find it here. Looking for the printables I used in this week's spread? Check out my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Lots of great inspiration too! Be sure to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can stay updated with my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, and by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you a Project Lifer? How's it going for you so far? I'd love to hear it! Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Its totally awesome really great work and the way you make its really workable and easy. :)
    Project Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover