Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Project Life: Week 37


Hello again! Like I said in today's earlier post, I'm doing a Project Life double-feature this week! With our family at home recuperating from an awful cold bug the last few days, I've had plenty of time to play around in my books! As of now, I'm officially caught up in my 2013 Project Life album! With this being my first year ever of doing PL, I feel extremely proud of myself for getting to this point. Being able to stick with it and not give up now matter how far I fell behind, is a huge accomplishment for me!

The only tips I can offer to those struggling to stay on-top of their Project Life album is: stay organized, take everyday life photos [along with special occassion ops], and keep a journal specifically for PL. I use a Filofax to plan my Project Life projects and to stay organized with my blog posts. I also keep a separate journal for my sketches and layouts, and for detailed notes about our week. There is no way I could have made it this far without those things!

And now here is my completed layout from last week...

WEEK 37
Life Documented
September 8 - 14

Week 37: Single Page Layout

I had the pleasure of spending all of my time at home to take care of loved ones the last few days. That meant all of the fun plans we had for the weekend was postponed. I took advantage of the extra time to knock out this week of PL. And because we didn't do much... there weren't many photos. So it only made sense to make this a one-page layout.

Here I'm using the Becky Higgins Design A pocket page continued from Week 36. It gave me the perfect amount of space for the photos and cards I wanted to use. Since we are moving into the colder Fall Season, I went with a warm orange and brown theme inspired by nature.  I used the reverse side of the double-sided Ki Memories paper from last week for the title card. To finish it off, I added a Kraft banner [with a doodle-stitch detail] cut on my Cameo, some natural burlap alphabet stickers by Little Yellow Bicycle, navy Kraft paper number stickers by Pebbles, Inc., and some Hello Kitty and red paper washi tape.

Week 37: A Close-Up of My Mega Haul

To create this handmade card, I used paper from Amy Tangerine's Red Set Go line. I added a 4x4 instagram photo of my "Mega-Haul" and a printable tag for journaling. I finished it off with my Studio Calico roller date stamp. 

Week 36: Close-Up of 3x4 Pockets 

I filled the row of 3x4 pockets with fun printables and more handmade cards. The first card was made from paper in my scrap pile. To it I added a wallet-size decorated instagram photo, a Cosmo Cricket label cut in half, and a Dymo label to mark the date. The next pocket holds a calendar card printable from my collection. My Ali Edwards circle calendar stamp highlights the current week. I used a notepaper file on my Cameo to cut a card from Kraft paper. I needed some color, so I put my homemade alcohol ink and glimmer mist sprays to good use. Now it works as the perfect backdrop for an instapic of my daughter painting. I used some K&Company alphabet stickers and teeny star stickers to decorate the card. The last card is an awesome free printable from my stash and works great with this layout.

Week 37: Baby Girl got Style

To make this handmade card, I used some paper from Pebbles, Inc. cut down to size. I added another 4x4 instapic of my daughter wearing her creative hat. I used some fun red foam thickers, a Cosmo Cricket label, and a Hello Kitty dimensional sticker to complete it.

Week 37: A Simple Card to Finish Out the Week

For the last 6x4 card, I used another design from Amy Tangerine's Ready Set Go collection. The different days is a nice touch to finish our week. Again I used a printable tag to document the details, and a Dymo label for the date.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you like how my Project Life album is coming along! You can take a look at my complete book here. I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative again, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration! Like the fun printables I used in this week's spread? You can find them on my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Along with freebies, you'll find hundreds of other links to DIYs, How-To's, ideas, tips, and inspiration for everything Project Life! Be sure to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you a Project Lifer? How are you coming along in your book? I'd love to hear it! Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover