Monday, October 7, 2013

Filofax: Week 40


Happy Monday! I hope you enjoyed your weekend :) I'm finally getting the hang of using two different Filofaxes to stay organized in my life. After only having a personal size for the last few months, the addition of an A5 really makes the process so much easier for me. That extra space is just what I needed...

I've had lots of requests and questions about how I use both of my FFs together. I won't be going into too much detail about it in this post, but I'm in the process of planning an A5 post... so stay tuned! In the meantime, feel free to check out my Domino and last week's Filofax post here

Filofax: Full Spreads in My Personal and A5 Filofaxes

For a better understanding of the details you see on the pages of my Filofaxes, I'm just going to give you a quick rundown of what I use my personal and A5 Filofax for. Both follow the same color-coding system. My [personal] Domino holds all of my personal notes, family details, appointments/events, paydays & bills, contacts, as well as notes specific to my A5. For my blog and Project Life planning, crafts, online order tracking, Household stuff such as chore lists, menu planning, and important financial details, I use my A5. Since my personal Filofax is my everyday planner, I duplicate entries from my A5 into it because I like knowing exactly what I have going on in that part of my life. So far, this system totally works for me.

Filofax: Week 40 in My Personal Domino

Now that I have all this extra room, I haven't really taken advantage of it when it comes to decorating the pages. I was so used to saving that space for all of my notes. Now I think I'll start de-stashing my supplies to embellish all that blank space! I have to say, my go-to supply is definitely washi tape. Without it, I don't think I would be motivated enough to use my planner. This week I used some fun prints with touches of black. I picked up the pink and black zebra print from The Beary Scrap about a year ago. I believe it's no longer available there though. The polka dot tape is by SMASH* and you can find it at any big box or craft store. I even think it's on clearance now!

The WO2P inserts I'm using are by my girl Cathy V. of Paper Addict. You can download them here. What I love most about these is how spacious and roomy they are, especially the weekend sections. Most of all, I like them because they start on Sunday, which corresponds with my Project Life weeks.

Week 40 in My A5 Fluro Pink Original

For my A5, I'm using No. 2015-2013 WO1P inserts by Paige Paigen. I'm still getting used to having my week only on one page. So far, I have just enough space for what I need. I really like these inserts though for all of the extra little details like the notations of the current week, end of the year countdown, as well as the small calendars.

These pages don't get decorated much besides the small transparent sticky flags to mark changes in my scheduling, and the usual washi tape. This week I used Target's up&up brand aqua polka dot washi for the banner on top, and Scotch brand neon washi on the bottom. I decided to carry the design into the following week for one cohesive look. A Paper Addict dashboard [which I customized] sits right between my weeks and is the perfect place to hold any sticky notes with important details that I need to remember.

Filofax: A Sneak Peek at the Current Week in My Personal Domino

That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed this week's Filofax post! Feel free to browse all of my previous layouts here. If you're looking for more planner inspiration, be sure to check out my "Filofax Addict" pinboard on Pinterest.

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you a planner addict? What do you use yours for? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you decorate your pages. They're so pretty and full of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks so much. I'm glad you like them! I think it's the splashes of color that really motivates and inspires me to use my planners. If you've seen the inside of my Filofaxes, they're full of it! Color makes me happy :D

      Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover