Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Project Life: Week 39


Hello there! I hope you're having a great day! Since I took some time off from blogging last week, I'll be doubling up on Project Life posts today to catch up. I've had lots of fun playing around in my album, and I'm so happy to finally share my most recent pages with you now.

WEEK 39
Life Documented
September 22 - September 28

Week 39: Single Page Layout
This week we didn't have much going on, so a single page layout was the best option. Although we spent a majority of our time at home, I managed to capture some great everyday life moments. From a movie night and Happy Mail to a fun blog post about printables and sweet snapshots of my daughter. I played around with different cards, photos, embellishments, and even some doodling!

Continued from Week 38, I'm using is a generic photo page that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I had lots of pockets to fill, starting with the title card. Using the reverse-side of a double-sided card from last week as the background, I added some cool houndstooth thickers and a printable speech bubble to which I marked the week. I also found an awesome camera cutout from my stash that complemented the card nicely.

Week 39: A Close Up

For the first of the 4x3 pockets, I created a handmade card to hold a wallet-size instapic of my Filofax obsession. I added a strip of colorful paper from my scraps, and a Cosmo Cricket label sticker for my caption. The pocket below has a MAMBI quote card which I absolutely love.

The large 4x6 pocket has another handmade card. Again, I used the reverse-side from last week's card as the background for my Twilight card from "Movie Night." It holds a wallet-size instagram photo capturing the title of one of our favorite Sagas. I added a small journaling spot for the details, a Dymo label, a piece of filmstrip washi tape, a Cameo cut star, and a "Twilight" themed Kraft cardstock mailing tag that was given to me by a friend and fellow Twilover. I've had it in my stash for close to a year... so I was extremely happy to finally put it to good use!

Week 39: Another Close Up

I created another handmade card using a double-sided card from last week. This 4x6 card holds a 4x4 instapic of a wonderful package I received from Hawaii. The colors from the photo complement the paper beautifully. I added some Cosmo Cricket alphabet stickers to a print-and-cut label for the title, and finished off the card with a Honu [Hawaiian Sea Turtle] embellishment gifted to me by a friend, and a Hawaiian themed art stamp which you can download in this post. I used my handwriting to fill some blank space and complete the card.

For one of the remaining 4x3 pockets I used a snippet from my blog post about my recent Printables finds. [Same post where you can find those fun stamps!] I also used the reverse-side of a MAMBI card from last week for my "Week In Review" card.

Week 39: Another Close Up

Again I used a card from last week as the background for another handmade card. This time I added two wallet-sized instapics of my daughter. I found another print-and-cut label from my stash, and used a white gel pen for journaling as well as a zentangle border to fill some empty space. I love how the white ink pops on the bright colored paper!

That's it for now, but later today I'll be sharing Week 40. Come back and check it out! You can see how my 2013 PL album is coming along here. I'll also be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more Project Life inspiration! Be sure to take a peek at my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest for tons of fun printables, DIY's, ideas, and inspiration.

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? Are you caught up? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover