Saturday, December 14, 2013

Crafts: A Pinspired Christmas


Happy Saturday! Hope you're enjoying the weekend. I don't know about you, but I love Christmastime! It's my most favorite time of the year. From the holiday movies and twinkling lights, to the crisp winter air and handmade Christmas decorations! Everything about this season brings me great joy, and being able to experience all of this with my loved ones is truly a blessing.

When it comes to adding a holiday touch to our home, I try to include as many handmade DIY projects as possible. Don't get me wrong, I love buying store-bought stuff! Our home has them too. But nothing beats a handmade creation for your family to enjoy for years to come....

With the internet at our fingertips, it's never hard to find ideas and inspiration for ways to personalize your holiday home. And today I'm giving you glimpse into our home to see some of the fun projects I've made to decorate it... each one inspired by Pinterest!

ACTIVITY ADVENT CALENDAR
Pinspired Christmas: Activity Advent Calendar

This is a handmade activity advent calendar that I created for my 4-year-old daughter. You can find my DIY here. It's our second year doing it, and although the calendar stays the same, the activities and the cards you write them on can be changed and customized year after year.

WORD ART
Pinspired Christmas: Christmas Subway Art

A simple and inexpensive way to decorate your home is by switching out some of your photos with fun Christmas art prints. There are so many different designs and styles available [free] on the internet, that you can change them out each year. Here is the Christmas Rules subway art print I used. Mine is displayed in a large black 8x10 frame.

25-BOOKS-IN-DECEMBER
Pinspired Christmas: 25-Books-in-December

Here is another fun project that we continued from last year! I think it's my little one's favorite :) If you have a child that shares a love for reading, it's definitely something to add to your family's list of traditions! You can find all of the details about my 25-Books-in-December here.

CHRISTMAS CARD HOLDER
Pinspired Christmas: Handmade Card Holder

This is one of my favorite handmade Christmas projects! Besides it being super simple to create, I loved using supplies from my stash to customize it to fit our holiday theme. I'll be sharing my DIY next week, so stay tuned to see how I made it!

SANTA'S KEY
Pinspired Christmas: Santa's Key

I think this is the most special handmade Christmas decoration. When I saw it on Pinterest last year, I knew I had to recreate it for our family. It only took a few supplies to make, but the message speaks plenty. I love it!

The hardest thing about this project was finding "the key". I snagged this big glittery gold key ornament from Target. Isn't it perfect? Next, I cut a large tag from Kraft cardstock and printed up a card with the following text:

"Dear Santa,
This magic key works just for you,
Please open the door and come on through.
Thank you for coming to our house tonight.
We are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
Thank you Santa for the gifts you bring,
Thank you Lord for everything."

I added the card to the Kraft tag, and tied on some pretty ribbon to complete it. This piece hangs on the doorknob of our front door for everyone to see.

CHRISTMAS PRINTS
Pinspired Christmas: Christmas Art Printables

This is another freebie that I displayed in one of our silver frames. You can download the "Believe" print here. There are so many beautiful designs online that it's so hard to choose just a few! But I have to say, it really is a simple and frugal way to decorate. With the endless Christmas prints on Pinterest, you can easily change up your displays year after year!

I hope you enjoyed today's post and leave here feeling inspired to create something beautiful this holiday season! If you're looking for more crafty Christmas decor inspiration, check out my "Holidays" pinboard on Pinterest! I also have more fun free holiday printables on my "December Daily" pinboard! Feel free to pin away!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love....

Were you inspired by Pinterest this season? Tried any of these projects? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover